Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thursday - Class Night

I ran through all the work I had planned for class pretty quickly tonight.

Here's what I did:
  • Cut extra panels sized to the nightlight light panels. I'll use these to back up the panels when I scrollsaw them this weekend.
  • Cut the shoulders for the tenons on the table parts - aprons, top, stretchers.
  • Planed the filler for the mortises, which I'll use to fill the first tenon while cutting the second in the legs.
  • Cut parts for a new project - a small box for the bathroom to replace the basket that's we used have on the back of our toilet before we replaced the toilet.
  • Trimmed the shelves for the wall cabinet.
Since I finished so quickly at class I had time for a little work once I got home and finished the router work on the leg mortises.

2 comments:

p said...

found your blog via your sunday scribbling. I'm curious, as I go back to your first post, can you tell me more about your history or experience with working with wood?
How did you learn what you have learned...can you show more pictures of your tools and set up?

Chelle said...

Wow, someone besides family is reading this. I'll work on adding some of the items you suggest.