Saturday, March 31, 2007

LumberJocks Challenge

As with many things on the internet, when two of the LumberJocks challenged each other in public it snowballed and suddenly this challenge between friends has become a challenge for all the LumberJocks, and anyone who wants to be a LumberJock.

The challenge is to build an interpretation of the Greene & Greene Thorsen side table. The table was featured in a recent issue of Popular Woodworking magazine, so naturally the magazine is now involved as well.

So my dilemma at the moment is whether to jump in. I'd like to, I have a pretty good idea about what I'd do with it.

The problem is time. I need to finish the foot stools, finish the wall cabinet, finish the night light, and a bunch of other things. Not to mention work. And spring is finally here which means it's almost time for some kayaking, and softball season looms large on the horizon.

The finished table has to be posted in my LJ projects by May 31st. Don't know if I can make that deadline....

I need to decide soon, so that I can acquire or find the necessary lumber, start the rough out, etc, etc, etc.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments: